Drunk Driving Defense For Clients In Racine And The Milwaukee Area
Drunk driving is a serious offense. You probably know that if you have been charged with OWI/DUI, you can expect little sympathy from the judge or prosecuting attorney. But you still deserve dedicated representation.
Attorney Ronald Polan in Milwaukee has been defending clients against this type of charge and advising on traffic violations for more than 25 years. We know the pressure you are under and the uncertainty you face. We don’t promise miracles in every case, but our experienced attorneys will explain:
- How we can limit the penalty you face
- How we can fight the charges that have been brought against you
Our advice is personal — each case is different and we offer free consultations to discuss the options available to you. If we do not think you will benefit from our services, we will tell you.
What The Law Says
Drunk driving penalties in Wisconsin are severe:
- First offense — Penalties include license revocation
- Second offense — Minimum five-day jail sentence
- Subsequent offenses — At some point, prison must be faced — not just the local jail with work release. Penalties can be up to six years’ imprisonment, three-year license revocation and possible seizure of your vehicles. More severe penalties are imposed when death or serious injury has resulted from the offense.
Defense Against License Suspension And Revocation
If you are facing license suspension or a more serious sentence, you need an experienced lawyer on your side. Talk to us to find out how we can help.
Attorney Ronald Polan has 25 years’ experience — he knows the local prosecutors and can instinctively tell the approach they will take in individual cases. In drunk driving cases, this insight is crucial.
Hiring the wrong attorney or depending on a recent law school graduate is a risk you do not have to take; the repercussions of a conviction caused by a poor presentation of your case are just too great.